Wednesday, December 11, 2013

holding ryker

Yesterday was one of the longest days in my life.  I was not allowed to get out of bed to go and see Ryker in the NICU because I was still on magnesium and had to be for another 24 hours.  Thankfully I had lots of things to keep me busy, including being able to skype with Kayla and Teyton.




Today I was woken up at 4 in the am to get my magnesium taken out of my system and get some labs drawn.  A few hours later I was able to get up and see my newest baby boy!  Well, maybe not up, but I got to be pushed around in a wheelchair to see my baby! My trip in the morning I got to hold his little hands, ask questions and just take him all in {he lost quite a bit of weight, today he was weighing 3lbs 7oz}.  I had to stand up to touch him, all of the sudden I felt sick and got really dizzy so I had to sit back down.  Well, apparently I had been standing in the same position for 30 mins!  I did not even realize how fast the time had past by.  So I had to say goodbye to little Ryker.





After taking a good long nap while Corey went to go and pick his Mom up from the airport, I was ready to see Ryker one more time.  To my delight and surprise, I was able to hold him!  I think it was partially a way to keep me sitting down so I didn't pass out, haha.  Jokes on them, I liked sitting down to hold him better than standing to hold his hand.  He is just a perfect little angel!  I cannot wait until McKayla and Teyton can meet him and hold him!  I could not have asked for a better husband though, he has been so wonderful with bringing the kids to the hospital often so that I can see my big babies.





No comments:

birthday time!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

our marriage and counting