Sunday, December 15, 2013

quality time

I feel like I have not been able to be with my kids.  I realize it's because of things that are completely out of my control, but I wanted to do something special with Kayla and Teyton.  One of Rykers nurse told me that Santa was at the Mall, and that he was the best Santa she has ever taken her kids to see.  Right after our visit with Ryker yesterday, we decided to hurry home so we could eat and then go and visit Santa. Well, by the time we got there we had just missed him!  He was going on his dinner break and wouldn't be back for 90 mins!  There was no way in heck I was going to make it waiting 90 mins at the mall.  It was already a pretty crazy idea for me to attempt going some place like that so soon after being discharged, haha!  We didn't want the whole trip to be a bust though, so we let the kids play at the malls playground for a bit.

Good news!  Ryker was taken off of oxygen yesterday!!!







Today Ryker is off of the UV treatments!  His bilirubin levels are perfect, so they are not even a little bit worried that he will need to go back on.  I am so happy that he is making such wonderful progress already!  Amy the social service rep stopped by again and told us that if we are still here for the next little while, the hospital is going to be having Santa come to the NICU and that sibling will be allowed in for 2 hours that same day to see their baby brother or sister, and get pictures taken with Santa also. The other thing that would be going on is a Santa's Workshop.  I guess lots of people donate toys for the kids, and families of children who are staying in the NICU and PICU during the Christmas.  So us parents are able to go and pick out some toys for our kids.  I thought that was such an amazing idea!  I am hoping that we will be able to donate some toys next year as a way for us to pay it forward.







No comments:

birthday time!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

our marriage and counting