Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ready or not, here he comes

After I was admitted back into the hospital, we were all hoping that I would be able to remain on hospital bed rest for at least another week.  But my body had other plans.  From the 7th to the 9th I had a migraine that would not go away.  It took a lot of medication to keep it under control I was also gaining a ton of water weight.  Over night I literally put on 10 lbs of water weight....I didn't even think that was possible!  If you can even imagine though, I still was not as swollen as I was when I had Teyton.  I just feel very blessed that I spent enough time in the hospital to get 2 full rounds of steroid treatments to help develop Rykers lungs.  On the 9th my Doctors made the decision that the risk of keeping Ryker inside of me, far outweighed the risk of inducing me at 32 weeks.  At about 5:00 pm on Dec 9th I was finally given pitocin so we could get the ball rolling.

I have to say that I am so jealous of pictures that I see of friends and family who are in labor, or right after having a baby, and they look just beautiful!  It is really unfair!  I on the other hand am a hot mess during the whole process, and it takes a few days to recover.

*Warning ~ very swollen pregnant lady*


My labor couldn't have gone better, I'm not going to lie, it was painful, but my water broke on it's own, and by the time I couldn't handle the pain anymore and asked for an epidural, I was all but ready to start pushing.  I was able to get the epidural needle inside of me, but I never got to use the actual medication haha.  Right after I was stuck with the giant needle and laid back down I was like, oh boy, here he comes.  And he did!  He was out of me after 2 1/2 pushes!  We decided to name our beautiful baby boy Ryker Kace Abbott. He was born Dec 10th at 4:38 am weighing 4.1 lbs and measuring 17 inches long!  They let me hold him for a few seconds while cutting his cord and wiping him off a bit before rushing him to be cleaned off and get oxygen on him.  I loved every second of it! Then he was off to the NICU.








No comments:

birthday time!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

our marriage and counting